We in the Primary stage realize the importance of this stage as it is the real beginning of the process of intellectual development of students’ perceptions, so we are keen to encourage our students to acquire multiple and various skills and knowledge from writing, reading and various activities.
El Rowad National Division Primary Department
A world of learners where children gain a passport to the world. It is a community of lifelong learners, responsible global citizens and empowering all learners.
The Primary Stage’s Policy
Primary Stage Principal
Mrs. Lobna Ibrahim
The students attend the school and they possess many talents and skills that they acquired from the surrounding environment or at home, so here come the role of the teachers and the school in working to refine the skills and the talents of students to show and develop them and raise the level of creativity.
The students in this stage need someone to guide, clarify the right path and inculcate in himself or herself a love of education and school.
Our policy in El Rowad College is to provide distinct and high quality of learning by groups of trained educational teams, so we are eagerly keen to support the students in all curricula and develop her / his thinking skills.
Developing the English Language in the Primary Stage
When we learn a language, there are four skills that we need for complete communication. When we learn our native language, we usually learn firstly, to listen secondly, to speak thirdly, to read and finally, to write. These are called the four skills.
The primary stage focuses on the four skills. We say that someone “speaks”a language fluently, we usually mean that they have a high level in all the four skills “listening – speaking – reading and writing”.
The four language skills are related to each other in two ways.
- The direction of communication (in or out)
The input is called reception while the output is called products.
- The method of communication (spoken or written)
Primary English Supervisor
Mrs. Dalia El-Mousalamy
These four language skills are sometimes called “marco – skills”.
There is in contrast to the “micro skills” which are as grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation.
- It is sound waves simulating the sensory receptors of ears.
- It is a physical response.
- Hearing is the perception of sound waves, you must hear to listen and attract attention.
- Brain screams stimuli and permits only a select few to come into focus and these selective perceptions are known as attention.
- Attention is an important requirement for effective listening.
- Understanding is taking out the meaning from previous associations and successful interpretation of the message being received.
- For successful interpersonal communication, the listener must understand the intended meaning and context assumed by the sender.
- Remembering or memorizing is an important part of the process of listening.
- It means the individual who is receiving the message has received the message interpreted and added it to the mind’s storage bank.
- While listening our attention might be selective so what we ramble might be quite different from what was originally seen or heard.
- Only active listeners participate at this stage of listening.
- In this step active listeners:-
- Weight evidence
- Sort out facts from opinions
- The listener should start evaluating a message only after listening to the message, not at the beginning of the message.
- In this step individual receiving the message sends verbal or non-verbal feedback to the speaker (or sender).
- This step allows the speaker to determine if the message has been received or not.
- The main goal of teaching speaking skills is to achieve efficiency in communication.
- Learners should be able to make themselves understand using their current level of proficiency.
- They should try to avoid confusion in the message due to wrong pronunciation, grammar or vocabulary.
- Teachers can help learners develop their speaking skills by wing balanced activities that combine language input, structured and communicative output.
- Language input comes from the teachers talking, listening, reading passages and the language heard or read outside the class.
- Reading is the most challenging skill to be introduced to children.
- It is the most difficult and exciting skill to introduce.
- Reading is not a simple skill as it involves a combination of many skills and cognitive abilities.
- There is no single, foolproof method of teaching how to read, as every method has its own limitations.
- Once a child has been introduced to reading books successfully there is no end to what a child can accomplish.
- ‘Sound reading skills’ means the child is able to associate meaning with written or printed language.
- Unless a child can make sense of what he or she reads, or relate it to something else that he already knows, we cannot call its reading sound.
- In a nutshell, we can say that reading is a process of finding written words.
- We mainly write to communicate with someone when he is not often present in front of us.
- We do a lot of writing simply to preserve something.
- EX., a piece of information, an idea, or a memory.
- Teachers teach young children to learn how to write, by the time they start writing well, and they are capable of talking with confidence with a variety of people in various topics.
Pronunciation is the way in which a word or a language is spoken. This may refer to generally agreed-upon sequences of sounds used in speaking a given word or language in a specific dialect (“correct pronunciation”) or simply the way a particular individual speaks a word or language.
The students learn to pronounce English words well with audio, video, tests and basic rules. On the other hand, the teachers look after their pronunciation. Our multimedia lab helps a lot in improving the students’ pronunciation.
Our Latest News
Cinema Trip.Learn More
Vanda International Competition.
“إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون”Learn More
Second Term Practical Exam (2022 – 2023 ) 6th PrimaryLearn More
Student Info UpdateLearn More
Mid/Year Results (2)Learn More
Mid/Year report cards (2022/2023)Learn More
تنبيه هامLearn More
معسكر كشفيLearn More
حظر أستخدام الموبايلLearn More
تنويه بشأن الباصLearn More
An Alert about zoomLearn More
تنويه هام بشأن المصروفات المدرسيهLearn More
School Uniform Notice.Learn More
Summer Homework.Learn More
رحله الي بورسعيدLearn More
تعليمات عامه للمدرسة للعام الدراسي 2022/2023Learn More
Reports Announcement. (أعلان النتائج)Learn More
المخترع الصغيرLearn More
Second Term Practical Exam Schedule 2021-2022Learn More
Second Term Practical Exam Schedule 2021-2022Learn More
تنويه بشأن أشتراك الباصLearn More
Ramadan School HoursLearn More
Important NoticeLearn More
Schedule of 1st Term Final Exam 4th Primary 2021 – 2022Learn More
Schedule of 1st Term Final Exam 5th Primary 2021 – 2022Learn More
Schedule of 1st Term Final Exam 6th Primary 2021 – 2022Learn More
“Mid-Year” Evaluation Grades 1.2.3Learn More